In this episode, recorded on Thursday, May 31, 2018:
- The cancelled June 12 meeting in Singapore between President Trump North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un seems to be back on;
- The Pentagon cozies up to India with a new combatant command name change;
- We learn about the Special Operations Industry Conference last week in Tampa;
- And after our roundtable, (18:38) we’ll travel back to Bratislava, Slovakia, with our Tech Editor Patrick Tucker. He spoke with Vyacheslav Alekseyevich Nikonov of the Russian Duma, before pivoting to a discussion with Laura Rosenberger of the German Marshall Fund and the social media bot-monitoring project, “Hamilton 68”;
- Then (41:45) we hear from the Atlantic Council’s Elisabeth Braw, who explains how European countries are preparing for possible crises on the horizon.
Today’s roundtable participants include:
- Kevin Baron, executive editor;
- Brad Peniston, deputy editor;
- Patrick Tucker, technology editor;
- Caroline Houck, staff correspondent;
- And Ben Watson, news editor.