Welcome to episode two of our weekly podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
Welcome to Defense One Radio, our weekly podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
In this episode, recorded on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, we discuss:
- How President Trump and the White House are getting ready for the big (tentative) meeting with North Korea’s Kim Jong-un;
- The Army secretary went to a think tank on Tuesday to talk about future weapons;
- President Trump reminded us he wants a Space Force;
- Aerospace Industries Association CEO Eric Fanning sits down for a chat;
- Then later, we’ll speak with former Army Ranger (and sniper), Paul Scharre, who went from watching robots defuse IEDs in Iraq to investigating the cutting edge of artificial intelligence for the Pentagon. His new book, "Army of None: Autonomous Weapons and the Future of War," is in bookstores now.
Today's roundtable participants include:
- Kevin Baron, executive editor for Defense One;
- Brad Peniston, deputy editor;
- Caroline Houck, staff correspondent;
- Marcus Weisgerber, global business editor;
- And Ben Watson, news editor.
Thanks for listening!
NEXT STORY: We Need a NATO for Infowar