Welcome to the fifth episode of our podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
Welcome to Defense One Radio, our weekly podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
In this episode, recorded on Thursday, May 24, 2018:
- President Trump abruptly cancelled the June 12 meeting in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un;
- The Pentagon is accelerating the sales of weapons to allies and pals around the world;
- After our roundtable, we’ll speak with Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson from inside the Pentagon (at the 12:58 mark);
- And after that, we’ll travel all the way to a cafe on the banks of the Danube River in Bratislava, Slovakia. There, our Tech Editor Patrick Tucker talked about Iran, al-Qaeda and the war in Yemen with none other than Anwar bin Mohammed Gargash (at the 33:34 mark), he’s the Minister of State Foreign Affairs for the United Arab Emirates.
Today's roundtable participants include:
- Marcus Weisgerber, global business editor;
- Brad Peniston, deputy editor;
- And Ben Watson, news editor.
Thanks for listening!
NEXT STORY: Trump’s Reckoning Arrives