Welcome to Defense One Radio, our weekly podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
In this episode, recorded on Thursday, May 10, 2018, we discuss:
- Bye, bye Iran Deal: Israel carried out a series of airstrikes inside Syria just two days after President Trump pulled the U.S. out of the Iran nuclear deal;
- U.S. State Secretary Mike Pompeo returned from North Korea with three released American prisoners — in just his second week on the job;
- The president’s pick to lead the CIA traveled to Capitol Hill to interview for her new job;
- Air Force officials spoke up about the rising number of crashes;
- And seven months after it happened, we finally have a better picture of what happened in Niger back in October.
- Then later, we’ll speak with two nuclear weapons experts — Melissa Hanham (33:49) and Joshua Pollack (39:00) — about the future of U.S. relations with Iran and North Korea.
Today’s roundtable participants include:
- Kevin Baron, executive editor for Defense One;
- Caroline Houck, staff correspondent;
- Marcus Weisgerber, global business editor;
- And Ben Watson, news editor.
Tell us what you think! Send your questions or comments our way via this address, or call us at (757) 447-4596 and leave a voicemail!
And thanks for listening!