Ep. 6: Summit scramble; Hello, Indo-PACOM; All about Russian disinfo, and more.
Welcome to our podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
In this episode, recorded on Thursday, May 31, 2018:
- The cancelled June 12 meeting in Singapore between President Trump North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un seems to be back on;
- The Pentagon cozies up to India with a new combatant command name change;
- We learn about the Special Operations Industry Conference last week in Tampa;
- And after our roundtable, (18:38) we’ll travel back to Bratislava, Slovakia, with our Tech Editor Patrick Tucker. He spoke with Vyacheslav Alekseyevich Nikonov of the Russian Duma, before pivoting to a discussion with Laura Rosenberger of the German Marshall Fund and the social media bot-monitoring project, "Hamilton 68";
- Then (41:45) we hear from the Atlantic Council's Elisabeth Braw, who explains how European countries are preparing for possible crises on the horizon.
Today's roundtable participants include:
- Kevin Baron, executive editor;
- Brad Peniston, deputy editor;
- Patrick Tucker, technology editor;
- Caroline Houck, staff correspondent;
- And Ben Watson, news editor.