Ep. 8: The Atlantic's Uri Friedman; Battle for Hodeida; New Special Ops gear, weapons and more.
Welcome to our podcast about the news, strategy, tech, and business trends defining the future of national security.
In this episode, recorded on Thursday, June 14:
- The Atlantic's Uri Friedman on what lies ahead for the U.S. military on the Korean peninsula;
- Then (35:27 with Meredith Stricker of the Soufan Center) we’ll get an update on the war in Yemen, which began a new chapter this week with a new offensive on the western port city of Hodeida (44:05 with Adam Baron of the European Council on Foreign Relations, from Beirut);
- And after that, (at the 48:01 mark) we’ll travel down to Tampa where our own Patrick Tucker talks to the man who buys weapons for America’s special operators, Jim Smith.
Today's roundtable participants include:
- Uri Friedman, who writes about global affairs for The Atlantic;
- Kevin Baron, Defense One executive editor;
- Caroline Houck, Defense One staff correspondent;
- And Ben Watson, Defense One news editor.